Z-Tool+ Z-Wave Setup App
Z-Tool+ is a free mobile app that simplifies the process of adding, deleting and naming Z-Wave products for use with your HomeSeer system. Use Z-Tool+ to add and optimize Z-Wave devices in your system and then switch to HomeSeer’s native web interface to access advanced features and functions.
- Any HS3 or HS3PRO-powered HomeSeer system (including all HomeTrollers), v220.127.116.11 or later.
- Z-Wave plug-in v18.104.22.168 or later.
- WiFi connection to HomeSeer system network (must be LAN connection).
- Update HS3 or HS3PRO to v22.214.171.124 or later
- Update Z-Wave plug-in to v126.96.36.199 or later
- Install Z-Tool+ onto your Android, IOS or Windows Phone device
- Ensure that your HomeSeer system is running and is connected to your home network
- Ensure your mobile device is also connected to your home network via WiFi
- Launch Z-Tool+ and select your HomeSeer system
- In Z-Tool+, push the “Add Device” button and then activate the Z-Wave inclusion function* on the Z-Wave product you wish to include. *Refer to the manual for each device to learn its inclusion function.
- Once the product is added successfully, you’ll be prompted to name it and add it to a location.
- In Z-Tool+, push the “Remove Device” button and then activate the Z-Wave exclusion function* on the Z-Wave product you wish to exclude. *Refer to the manual for each device to learn its exclusion function.
- Wait for the exclusion process to complete.
- Add Unsecure: Securely added devices transmit additional packets when communicating to the controller. This increases network traffic and reduces battery life for battery-operated devices (like sensors). Adding unsecurely reduces network traffic and increases battery life. Note: This feature will not work with door locks or garage door controllers.
- Node Connectivity: Run this function to test communications for all devices (nodes) in your Z-Wave network. If any nodes cannot be reached, run the Optimize function described below.
- Optimize: This function tells each node in your network to rediscover others nodes (neighbors) that it can communicate with. This process will build (or rebuild) the master “routing table”. Optimize can take quite a while to complete, depending on the number of nodes in your network. However, you can shut down Z-Tool+ at any time and the process will continue in the background. Note: regular Z-Wave communications will be paused during Optimize.
- Optimize Full: The standard Optimize function (above) updates the master routing table (stored in the z-Wave interface) but does not alter the individual devices in any way. Optimize Full stores “return routes” in the individual devices. Optimize Full can take quite a while to complete, depending on the number of nodes in your network. However, you can shut down Z-Tool+ at any time and the process will continue in the background. Note: regular Z-Wave communications will be paused during Optimize Full.