3rd Party Software Development
HomeSeer 3rd Party Software Add-on Development and Distribution Policy
The purpose of this policy is to provide guidelines for development of 3rd party software add-ons (plug-ins and scripts) for HomeSeer software and for distribution of 3rd party software add-ons through HomeSeer Technologies (HST).
- All add-ons should be developed using the HomeSeer software development kit (SDK). The kit including all software and documentation may be downloaded from our developer support page.
- All new 3rd party add-on development must be done specifically for the latest version or version series of HomeSeer software, although it may be written to be backwards compatible with older versions.
Marketing and Distribution of Commercial Add-ons:
HomeSeer provides complete marketing and development support for all authors who choose to sell and distribute their add-ons through HomeSeer. All add-on authors who distribute through HST will receive the following benefits:
- Add-ons will be posted in the HomeSeer software ‘updater’ for internet-based download by HomeSeer users.
- Add-ons will be promoted on the HomeSeer.com website in the ‘products’ section.
- Add-on license keys will be issued by HST directly.
- HST will include (in the updater) any add-on updates submitted by 3rd party authors.
- Authors will receive a HomeSeer message board forum of their own for end-user support.
- Authors will receive add-on developer support from HST.
- Payment processing for all 3rd party add-on sales will be managed by HST.
Note: Commercial add-ons marketed and sold independently may not be advertised on the HomeSeer message board.
Marketing and Distribution of Free Add-ons:
Those who wish offer free add-ons through HomeSeer may do so. Those add-ons may be listed in the updater and promoted through HomeSeer’s online store at HomeSeer’s discretion. HST reserves the right to remove any free add-on from the message board at any time and for any reason, including (but not limited to) support, quality or competitive issues.
Pricing and Commissions for Commercial Add-ons:
- 3rd party add-on pricing will be set solely by the add-on author.
- Commissions paid to HomeSeer will be 30% of the add-on selling price per add-on sold.
- Royalty payments will be issued by HST to 3rd party authors monthly and will be paid via PayPal. Authors who wish to be paid by other means must contact HomeSeer to discuss options.
- 3rd party add-on authors are solely responsible for all end-user support of their add-ons. Add-ons that are not adequately supported will be subject to removal from distribution at the discretion of HST.
- All 3rd party authors who distribute their commercial add-ons directly through HST will be granted a HomeSeer.com message board forum for end-user support of their add-ons.
- HST does not grant 3rd party authors any assurances that other 3rd parties authors or HST itself will not create competing products.
- Although HST employs various license protection schemes, HST cannot be held liable for any unlicensed use of 3rd party add-ons.
- Authors who distribute their add-ons independently are prohibited from using the HomeSeer message board to market or promote those add-ons in any way.
- HST reserves the right to remove any 3rd party add-on from distribution at any time for any reason.
- This policy is subject to change without notice.
I have read and agree to the above:
____________________________ __________________________ ____________
Name Signature Date